Collection of Trophies
PLACE OF COLLECTION:
Trophy Solutions Africa is situated in Limpopo Province and will collect trophies (seven or more), free of charge (from one location) in the following provinces / areas of South Africa. Should there be a substantial number of trophies in another province, not mentioned here, TSA will also collect free of charge. Please contact us regarding any collection!
TIMING OF COLLECTION:
Once the client has completed his/her Safari, he/she can arrange with the Hunting Outfitter or Professional Hunter to contact us for collection of the trophies. We will then agree on a date and time to collect trophies. Alternatively, you can inform us before your Safari commences, to arrange a date and time of collection with the Outfitter. The sooner the collection can take place, the sooner the the trophies will arrive back at their new “home”.
The cost for collection of Trophies from a single location is included in our prices.
CHECKING OF TROPHIES:
On collection we go through each and every trophy, together with the Outfitter, Professional Hunter or representative of the company. We ascertain ourselves that all trophies are in good order and that they are properly tagged. We do not accept responsibility for hair slip caused by poor field preparation of trophies. This is the responsibility of the Hunting Outfitter. All trophies are recorded on a TSA Collection Register, of which the Hunting Outfitter receives a copy after it has been signed by the responsible person.
On return to our office, all data is captured on our system and a copy of the Collection Register is sent to the client. The client needs to confirm that all different species and trophy parts were collected.
Processing of trophies will only commence once written confirmation is received from the client.
COLLECTION OF DOCUMENTATION:
Together with the trophies, all necessary documentation is also collected. This documentation includes the following:
- A completed copy of the PH-Register (SA Professional Hunter Register and Trophy Export Application), signed by the client, the Professional Hunter and the Hunting Outfitter. This is a legal document and will form the base of your Export Permit Application. No amendments are allowed on this document,
- Nature Conservation Exemption Permit registered for the farm or CAE (Certificate of Adequate Enclosure),
- Transfer of Hunting Rights from Land Owner to Hunting Outfitter (if not hunting on own property),
- Permission to hunt from Outfitter to Client,
- A CITES Hunting Permit (if applicable), signed by the client. This will depend on the species/province where hunt took place,
- A TOPS Hunting Permit (if applicable), signed by the client. This will depend on the species/province where hunt took place,
Should we NOT receive all the relevant documentation together with the trophies on collection day, we will NOT commit ourselves in having the trophies ready for export in 99 days. Our issuing authorities have a standard waiting period of 30 days, which is six weeks. Most of the time we get the permits long before the said period, but sometimes they do take their 30 (working) days, and sometimes longer…
Should any original hunting permit / document not be signed by the respective hunting client, our government WILL NOT issue an Export Permit. The original hunting permit is seen by our issuing authority as the only legal document. Copies, scanned, and emailed documents will not be acceptable to them.
LOADING and TRANSPORT OF TROPHIES:
Once all trophies are checked, they are carefully loaded on our vehicle and closed with purpose made tarpaulins for safe transportation to our processing facility..